Experience the rich culture and traditional arts and crafts of Morocco on a tour designed by a Moroccan travel agency. From pottery to textiles, calligraphy to leatherwork, Morocco offers a vast array of unique art and craft forms that have been passed down through generations. Here are some popular art and crafts you can explore on your Morocco tour:
- Pottery: Fez and Safi are renowned for producing pottery using traditional techniques and decorated with intricate designs.
- Carpets: Hand-woven by skilled artisans using wool, cotton, or silk, Moroccan carpets are famous worldwide for their beauty and durability.
- Leatherwork: In Marrakech, you can find leather goods such as bags, belts, and shoes made using traditional techniques and decorated with intricate designs.
- Metalwork: Moroccan metalwork is famous for its intricate designs and patterns, with metal often engraved or hammered to create beautiful pieces of art.
- Calligraphy: Islamic calligraphy is a significant art form in Morocco, used on everything from pottery to textiles to write religious texts or poetry.
- Textiles: Bright colors and intricate patterns are characteristic of Moroccan textiles, created using traditional weaving techniques for clothing, blankets, and pillows.
- Woodwork: Intricate designs and patterns are carved or painted onto the wood used to decorate doors, windows, and furniture in Morocco.
Book your Morocco tour with a Morocco tour operator to explore these unique art forms and connect with the rich cultural heritage of this beautiful country.
Customizable Itinerary Expand all Collapse all
Enjoy private arrival transfer to your hotel in Casablanca with assistance, as well as a brief introduction to the city if time allows.
This trip includes a round trip private transfer to a hotel for a 3-night stay, as well as an afternoon meeting with the local mosaic and tilework artisans.
This morning, leather artisans and dyers will meet for a discussion and then, in the afternoon, a tour with a private calligraphy workshop will take place.
Explore the beauty of Fez on a comprehensive private tour for the whole day, or take a day trip to the nearby sites of Volubilis and/or Meknes.
Private transport to a resort for a 2-day stay is offered, with a tour of Rabat’s craftsmanship along the way.
This half-day tour offers travelers a unique opportunity to explore the local markets and villages in the area. Participants will meet with a Berber women’s weaving cooperative and learn about the culture of the region. The tour provides an immersive and unforgettable experience for participants!
Enjoy a morning private pottery workshop before being chauffeured to your hotel for a two night stay. On the way, take in the sights and learn about argan oil.
We will begin our day by gathering together to meet with an experienced wood craftsman. Following that, the afternoon is yours to do with as you please – either kicking back and relaxing or getting out to explore and do some shopping.
A private transfer to the hotel is arranged for a 4-night stay. Afternoon activities include a special introductory tour, featuring a visit to the Djemaa el-Fna.
In the morning, take part in a workshop teaching about medicinal herbs. After lunch, enjoy a private class on stucco techniques.
In the morning, participants will learn how to dye and weave various materials. In the afternoon, there will be a kaftan-making workshop.
This morning, why not try your hand at a mosaic class or a perfume workshop? After lunch, spend the afternoon exploring the city with some craft-focused shopping and sightseeing.
We can offer a luxurious private transfer service to either the Marrakesh or Casablanca airports, including exceptional departure assistance.
This arts and crafts tour of Morocco is a must-do for travelers and art enthusiasts alike. With the guidance of TopMoroccoTravel, you’ll get to explore the country’s rich artistic heritage and learn about traditional Moroccan arts and crafts, from intricate hand-knotted carpets to vibrant ceramics.
Starting with the stunning Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca and the bustling souks of Marrakesh, this tour will take you on a journey through Morocco’s rich history and culture. You’ll visit the ancient Roman cities of Volubilis and Meknes, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites, to gain a deeper understanding of the country’s past.
Along the way, you’ll also have the opportunity to visit a Berber village and a women’s weaving cooperative, giving you a unique insight into the local culture and traditions. In Rabat, you’ll be able to take in the beautiful Andalusian Gardens, the Kasbah of the Udayas, and other examples of French colonial architecture.
The tour will then take you to the charming coastal town of Essaouira, known for its UNESCO World Heritage Site and vibrant argan oil production. Here, you can soak in the town’s artistic vibe and explore its many artisan shops.
Finally, the tour concludes with four nights in Marrakesh, a city known for its vibrant souks, elegant ryads, and stunning Moorish architecture. Explore the city’s historic monuments and districts, visit museums, dine at local restaurants, and shop for unique keepsakes and local crafts.
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- knowledgeable, certified tour guide
- Private English-speaking driver
- Premium-class accommodation
- Daily breakfasts and some dinners
- Entrance fees to historical sites and museums
- Departure transfer
Prices are on request and depend on your chosen accommodation, services, and time of travel.